
Ollie is gaining weight faster than I thought was possible! In just a weeks time I would guess he's put on 5-8 pounds. I don't have time to get him in to the vet this week to be weighed but I'm taking him on Monday and get those claws of his trimmed. OMG... I don't think his nails have every been trimmed! They have to be at least 2 inches long!
It looks like he's going to be able to be neutered much sooner than I thought and may be ready for his forever home as soon as the first week of November! For sure I'll have them clip those nails short while under being neutered.
He's just the sweetest thing. :) His energy level is definitely increasing and he
's going to need an active home with a yard to run and play in. He is still exploring and learning all about living indoors and I think sometimes, he doesn't know what to think. It's like, I want to be in here but what am I suppose to do? But he is relaxing more and more every day. He's not too crazy about being outside unless a human is out there with him but each day he's becoming more secure and comfortable. Today, he and Maverick had a great time running and playing chase in the yard. It was such a joy to see him having the energy to do that and seeing him having fun!He is so good with other dogs. He's playful but not over the top and is very respectful. One thing that is always a good indicator around our house is the old Lady Molly. Most foster dogs we have here learn fast just to ignore her and stay out of her way. She can look awfully mean when she raises her nose and growls. But she seems to like Ollie which is a first in a long time!
He's good with our cat Jasper too, but I think if he was living with a young cat the ran from dogs instead being calm or standing up to them, I think he would chase them. So it might be best he not go to a home with cats... just in case.
His worst habit is wanting to jump on you when he greets you but that too is improving. I'm using the pennies in a can trick to teach him not to jump on me. Next week we start on learning sit. He would do fine with older kids but he still has a lot of puppy in him and I think he's too rambunctious for small kids. Maybe over 8 would be okay. Just depends on the kids I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment